This module consists of several lectures as well as a dry-lab and a wet lab on feline cadavers.
Who is this module aimed for?
Small animal general practitioners, interns and 1st year residents who are starting their surgical career or those vets who feel they want to refresh their basic surgical knowledge. This module is only open for veterinarians working at IVC Evidensia clinics.
Key Learning Objectives for this Module
- Review of commonly used sutures and suture patterns
- Review of current gold standard for patient and surgeon preparation
- Learn how to correctly gown, glove and drape
- Review correct peri-operative antiobiotic use
- Dry-lab on the most commonly used suture patterns, hand-knotting techniques and instrument knotting
- Basic wound reconstruction techniques including primary closure, tension-alleviating techniques and subdermal plexus flaps
- Wet-lab where you can practice these techniques on feline cadavers
Target group: Small animal veterinarians working at IVC Evidensia clinics
Date and time: December 16, 2020 from 09.00 – 17.00 o’clock (reception from 09.00 – 09.30 o’clock)
Location: IVC Evidensia Academy, Nijverheidsweg 1b, 3433 NP Nieuwegein
Price: € 600,00 excl. VAT, incl. lunch.
Maximum amount of attendees: 8
For more information, you can contact the Academy team (firstname.lastname@example.org)