This module is the second part of the module “Surgical Oncology”. This second day allows hands-on training on cadavers of the most commonly performed wound reconstruction techniques including inguinal skin fold flaps, axial pattern flaps, free skin grafts and oro-facial reconstruction techniques.
The key learning objectives for this module are:
- Learn a variety of surgical techniques to close challenging wounds including subdermal plexus flaps, commonly used axial pattern flaps and free skin grafts
- At the end of this practical course, the delegate should feel comfortable tackling more complicated and wound reconstructions
This module will be taught in English.
It is strongly recommended to have completed the theoretical module on Surgical oncology before participating in the practical module.
More details about the program:
- Subdermal Plexus Flaps (Inguinal skin fold flap, Axillar skin fold flap & Lip to lid procedure)
- Axial pattern flap (Caudal superficial epigastric flap for the reconstruction of defect on medial aspect of the hind limb)
- Axial patterns flap (Thoracodorsal axial pattern flap, Agularis oris flap, Deep circumflex iliac axial pattern flap)
- Free skin grafts (Preparation of the graft, meshing of the graft, preparation of the donor site & suturing of the graft)
Optional procedures if time is available:
- Full thickness labial advancement techniques
- Cleft palate repair ursing overlapping flap technique
- Reverse saphenous conduit flap
- Caudal Auricular Axial pattern flap
Target group: Veterinarians working at a veterinary clinic of IVC Evidensia Netherlands
Date and time: New date will follow
IVC Evidensia Academy
3433 NP Nieuwegein
Maximum participants: 8
Costs: € 600.00
For more information, please contact the IVC Academy team (firstname.lastname@example.org)